- 4 cups cubed red potatoes
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Drain. Cool potatoes for 10 minutes; transfer to a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, lime juice, thyme, lime peel, salt and pepper. Pour over potatoes; toss gently to coat. Serve warm or chilled. Yield: 5 servings, 3/4 cups per serving.
Reviews for Creamy Lime Potato Salad
"I would make this again because it's a nice change of pace. I would put maybe a 1/4 of the Thyme called for in next time though, as I'm not a big fan of that particular flavour."
"the taste from the limes is refreshing, but overall the salad is not memorable enough for me to make again"
"My family and I loved the light burst of flavor of this salad. A nice change from the heavy traditional potato salad with all mayonnaise. I added 1/3 c. of diced red onion and a little more salt which made it amazing. If you are one who eats the same ten meals over and over, this is probably not for you, but if you have a passion for food combinations and love to try new things, this is it."
"Eeewww....sorry, but lime & potato just don't go together according to my taste buds. Hubby hated it too and he'll eat just about anything I serve! I did however make a fresh batch, omitted lime & thyme, using dill, finely chopped vidallia onions, s&p and we enjoyed!"
"This is great. I used True Lime instead of lime juice and it turned out great."
"Pigletcat, did you try the recipe? I would like to know if it's good or are you just putting in a suggestion, having not tried it, which isn't really fair. Not trying to be negative, would just like a review from someone who has actually tried it."
"Would add some red or green pepper for a little color."