- 1-1/2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 can (13.66 ounces) coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- Cook rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, sprinkle the chicken with curry, salt and pepper. In a large skillet, saute chicken and onion in oil until chicken is no longer pink.
- Stir in coconut milk and tomato paste. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until thickened. Add spinach and tomato; cook 2-3 minutes longer or until spinach is wilted. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Creamy Curried Chicken
Sort By :
"This was amazing! I have a very picky 7-year old who won't eat just about everything healthy. He loved this and even ate the spinach! I've made this several times and it comes out perfect every time. The coconut milk gives a slight sweet flavor and a creamy texture.; so good!"
"I have been craving curry chicken so badly and this hit the spot! I had to add 1/2 tsp more of salt and use himalyan pink sea salt and added a sliced up green pepper, onion,a garlic clove and a bit of cayenne to give it some kick and more pepper. I like curry with a little fire and this was very tame but still delish! Will make again!"
"GUYS I MADE THIS LAST NIGHT AND OMG IT TASTE SO GOOD LIKE I LEGIT HAD SEX WITH THIS CHICKEN. CHICKEN CURRY? MORE LIKE CHICKEN BEDROOM-RYYYYY!!!! EVERYONE EAT THIS ITS SOOOOOOOOOO GOOODDDD!!!!! :) "
"Very yummy. Wisked in a little flour to thicken. My daughter said it was better than the curry dish we shared at a restaurant the other day. This is definately a keeper."
"Taste is ok but I will make a few changes next time including:- remove chicken after it has lost its "pinkness"- next add tomatoes and spinach and cook until spinach has wilted- return cooked chicken to the pan and add coconut milk.- let simmer for a minute or 2I paired this dish with coconut rice (coconut milk, basmati rice, and dried unsweetened coconut flakes). Next time I would add fresh pineapple pieces to rice near end of cooking time to add sweetness and freshness without adding sugar. Also topped rice with chopped cilantro and a squeeze of fresh lime."