- 1 large head cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 5 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4 medium carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 1 carton (32 ounces) vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Fresh cilantro leaves
- Lime wedges, optional
In a Dutch oven over medium-high heat, bring first 14 ingredients to a boil. Cook and stir until vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes. Remove from heat; cool slightly. Process in batches in a blender or food processor until smooth. Adjust consistency as desired with water (or additional broth). Sprinkle with fresh cilantro. Serve hot, and, if desired, with lime wedges.
- Freeze option: Before adding cilantro, freeze cooled soup in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally and adding a little water if necessary. Sprinkle with cilantro. If desired, serve with lime wedges. Yield: 8 servings (3 quarts).
Originally published as Creamy Cauliflower Pakora Soup in Taste of Home February/March 2017
Reviews for Creamy Cauliflower Pakora Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review