Creamy Cauliflower and Bacon Soup Recipe
- 1 medium head cauliflower (2 pounds), cut into florets
- 2 cups half-and-half cream, divided
- 1/2 cup shredded Asiago cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 to 1 cup water
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Place cauliflower in a steamer basket; place in a large saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 8-10 minutes or until tender. Cool slightly.
- Place cauliflower and 1/2 cup cream in a food processor; cover and process until pureed. Transfer to a large saucepan.
- Stir in the cheese, salt, nutmeg, pepper and remaining cream. Add enough water to reach desired consistency; heat through. Sprinkle each serving with bacon. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Creamy Cauliflower and Bacon Soup(8)
Sort By :
When I first printed out this recipe it was a 5 star. That is why I thought I would make it. Now it has much lower stars.
This is soooo nasty. My dog would not even eat it. I tried to add more ingredients etc, then I thought, why waste ingredients to try and improve. There is no improving it
This soup is very bland. I had to use 3/4 cup of asiago, more salt, hot sauce and the bacon. Maybe it needs heavy cream and something else. I wouldn't make it again. Too much money on cauliflower and asiago cheese to use in the soup.
I would only make this recipe again using the other reviewer's ideas. When I saw this had 100% would make again rating (even though there was only one review) I thought I would give it a try since it seemed so simple. This time simple = bland. Definately chicken stock, no nutmeg (that is meant for squash/carrot soups), and herbs for sure. Bacon did lend a little flavor only because I cooked 1/2 package and mixed it right in. Regardless, it was soothing to have after work and was fast to make which was a bonus. Now just have to stream line the additional steps and it should turn out much better.
It looks like I'm in the minority here but I really enjoyed this. I used a little less half & half, some chicken broth, and a bit of extra seasoning.
A waste of ingredients as far as I am concerned. Too rich, not really creamy, and needed more cheese just to be edible.