“This is such a rich dish, you don’t need to serve a lot with it. For a simple garnish instead of the bacon, I add a drop of hot sauce to the top and drag a butter knife through it.” Mildred Caruso - Brighton, Tennessee
- 1 medium head cauliflower (2 pounds), cut into florets
- 2 cups half-and-half cream, divided
- 1/2 cup shredded Asiago cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 to 1 cup water
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Place cauliflower in a steamer basket; place in a large saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 8-10 minutes or until tender. Cool slightly.
- Place cauliflower and 1/2 cup cream in a food processor; cover and process until pureed. Transfer to a large saucepan.
- Stir in the cheese, salt, nutmeg, pepper and remaining cream. Add enough water to reach desired consistency; heat through. Sprinkle each serving with bacon. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Cauliflower and Bacon Soup in Simple & Delicious September/October 2009, p16
Reviews for Creamy Cauliflower and Bacon Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review