Nuts are a wonderful source of protein and nutrition so I look for ways to add them to all of my dishes. The addition of cranberries in this recipe makes it perfect for fall.—Dawn Bryant, Thedford, Nebraska
- 4 cups water
- 3/4 cup uncooked wild rice
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped dried cranberries
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- In a large saucepan, bring water and rice to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 50-60 minutes or until rice is tender.
- In a large skillet, saute the onion, cranberries and thyme in oil until onion is tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain rice if needed; stir in onion mixture and pine nuts. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Cranberry Wild Rice in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2008, p123
Reviews for Cranberry Wild Rice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review