Meet the Cook: If you're looking for a different stuffing this year, you'll find these balls are both tasty and easy to prepare. Cooking has been a favorite pastime of mine since my husband and I retired (I used to operate a beauty salon). We had 80 acres and kept 2-1/2 of them to build our new country home on. -Bernadine Dirmeyer, Harpster, Ohio
Recommended: 40 Appetizers for Fall Celebrations
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 package (7 ounces) herb-seasoned stuffing croutons
- 3/4 cup fresh cranberries, halved
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1 to 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- In a skillet, cook sausage, celery and onion until sausage is done and vegetables are tender. Drain excess fat. In a large bowl, combine the meat mixture with remaining ingredients and enough broth to hold mixture together. Shape into 8-10 balls. Place in a greased shallow baking dish. Bake at 325° for 30 minutes. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Cranberry Stuffing Balls in Country Woman September/October 1992, p29
Reviews for Cranberry Stuffing Balls
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 1, 2010
"I made this recipe a couple of years ago. Make sure to crush the croutons. If to big of chunks are left they will fall apart.Other that that everyone enjoyed them. Great addition because you always run out of stuffing first."