- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- 3 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse sugar
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. In a small bowl, combine milk and 2 tablespoons beaten egg; add to crumb mixture just until moistened. Stir in cranberries.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead gently 6-8 times. Pat into a 6-in. circle. Cut into four wedges. Separate wedges and place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Brush with remaining egg; sprinkle with coarse sugar.
- Bake at 425° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 4 scones.
Reviews for Cranberry Scones
Sort By :
"I think the recipe is great, my scones came out pretty big so next time I will make them just a tad bit smaller. I didn't use coarse sugar for the top, I used fine sugar. I like that they are quick to make and with the second batch I had them in about a minute less. I'm off to the kitchen to make more."
"I doubled the recipe and it came out perfect. A big hit with my family."
"I doubled the recipe because I wanted to use up some craisins I had in the house. Dough was very sticky and not easy to work with but the finished product was fantastic!!"
"This was an incredibly simple recipe, and it turned out delicious. I did not have milk, so substituted with whipping cream. This might have contributed to the greatness. Using a pastry blender works very well for blending. I'll add more cranberries next time. I made 6 smaller scones, and 12 minutes was the perfect cooking time."
"I love to make these. They are so easy and have a wonderful taste. I like to use different kinds of berries in the scones. They are all good."