Cranberry Scones Recipe
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- 3 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse sugar
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. In a small bowl, combine milk and 2 tablespoons beaten egg; add to crumb mixture just until moistened. Stir in cranberries.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead gently 6-8 times. Pat into a 6-in. circle. Cut into four wedges. Separate wedges and place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Brush with remaining egg; sprinkle with coarse sugar.
- Bake at 425° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 4 scones.
Reviews for Cranberry Scones(16)
Sort By :
I love to make these. They are so easy and have a wonderful taste. I like to use different kinds of berries in the scones. They are all good.
Very simple and easy recipe. No time at all to put it together. I doubled the recipe also. The scones came out wonderful. I will definitely be making this again.
Easy to make!
I have been using online recipes a lot & always look forward to the reviews, so I can anticipate the problems with the recipe. This recipe has none, I made a few times, last time I doubled the recipe , it was great , no modifications needed.
So delicious! As good as the scones at an English cream tea!