Cranberry Orange Scones Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 10 teaspoons sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup cold butter
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- GLAZE (optional):
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- ORANGE BUTTER:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 to 3 tablespoons orange marmalade
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, 7 teaspoons sugar, orange peel, baking powder, salt and baking soda. Cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs; set aside. In a small bowl, combine the cranberries, orange juice, cream and egg. Add to flour mixture and stir until a soft dough forms.
- On a floured surface, gently knead 6-8 times. Pat dough into an 8-in. circle. Cut into 10 wedges. Separate wedges and place on an ungreased baking sheet. Brush with milk; sprinkle with remaining sugar.
- Bake at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to a wire rack.
- Combine glaze ingredients if desired; drizzle over scones. Combine orange butter ingredients; serve with warm scones. Yield: 10 scones.
Reviews for Cranberry Orange Scones(38)
Sort By :
These scones are to die for! I had to alter slightly by using fat free french vanilla organic yogurt because I did not have half and half. I would recommend this recipe highly!!
My girls and I made this for the Ladies Tea at our church. It was wonderful, moist, not too sweet. Just perfect.
Loved these! I soaked the cranberries in the orange juice as the reviews had suggested. I also greased the baking sheet, as the dough was quite difficult to work with, and I was glad I did. Thanks so much for the recipe! I'm definitely making it again!
Simple and Delicious. I did not knead too much,and it worked out just fine.