This recipe is perfect for your Thanksgiving get-together. The cranberries really make it different from other stuffing. You will be asked for the recipe from all of your guests!—Judy Toth, Hyde Park, Ontario
Recommended: 25 Stuffing Recipes for Thanksgiving
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1/2 cup butter
- 6 cups cubed crustless day-old bread
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or hazelnuts
- 1-1/2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup chopped fresh cranberries
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- In a skillet, saute onions and celery in butter until tender; transfer to a large bowl. Stir in bread cubes, nuts, poultry seasoning, salt and pepper. Add cranberries; toss lightly to mix.
- In a small bowl, combine eggs, broth and brown sugar; pour over bread mixture. Mix lightly until bread is moistened. Place in a greased 2-qt. casserole.
- Cover and bake at 325° for 45 minutes. Uncover and bake 15 minutes more. Serve with leftover turkey. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Cranberry Nut Stuffing in Country Woman November/December 1994, p38
Reviews for Cranberry Nut Stuffing
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review