Cranberry Nut Muffins Recipe
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup cranberries, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, combine flour, brown sugar and baking powder. In another bowl, beat eggs. Add orange juice and oil; stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened (batter will be lumpy). Fold in cranberries and pecans. Spoon into 12 greased or paper-lined muffin cups (cups will be almost full). Bake at 375° for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan to cool on a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Cranberry Nut Muffins(6)
Sort By :
Good muffins, have made several times . Sometimes use part whole wheat flour, oatmeal or bran for the white flour. Have also pureed a whole orange for the juice,
These were a little bit tasteless. They seem a little floury. Perhaps a bit of salt or would liven them up. I suspected, based on how the batter tasted that would be the case, so I added a tablespoon of orange zest - still to bland.
This is a keeper. The flavors are good - I did use 1/3 cup melted butter instead of the vegetable oil. I've never seen a recipe yet that wasn't better with butter in it. The dough was a little more dense than I expected, so I used a small buttered piece of wax paper to level the dough in the muffin tins. If you're looking for the perfect Christmas morning muffin, this is it!
I finally made a great muffin! One to rival my favorite local coffee shop. The only thing I did different was to exchange walnuts for pecans and made them in larger muffin tins. They turned out icredible!! I have never been able to make a decent muffin until now.
I made an eggless version of this using flax seed powder instead of eggs and it came out well. I will definitely try this recipe again but would slightly increase the quantity of sugar if baking it for others, especially those with a sweet tooth.