I created this recipe 14 years ago by combing a couple of recipes from my collection. A friends suggested I add even more cranberries. Now there's a big burst of tart cranberry and lots of crunchy nuts in every piece. —Dawn Lowenstein, Hatboro, Pennsylvania
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. In a small bowl, whisk the egg, orange juice and peel; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in cranberries and walnuts.
- Spoon batter into a greased and floured 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 65-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
Originally published as Cranberry Nut Bread in Taste of Home December/January 1997, p39
Reviews for Cranberry Nut Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review