Cranberry Nut Bread Recipe
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. In a small bowl, whisk the egg, orange juice and peel; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in cranberries and walnuts.
- Spoon batter into a greased and floured 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 65-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
Reviews for Cranberry Nut Bread(10)
Sort By :
This is delicious. It has just the right amount of tartness which makes cranberry bread so tasty. It's the perfect holiday bread.
I made this bread and rounded the cranberry measurement. It was awesome. Nice and tart. Hey, Dawn, my birthday is 3/24 also. Thanks for a great recipe.
I first made this recipe when it was first published and I knew it was a winner when I got all those compliments! This is definitely a family and friends favorite!
This recipe is so amazing! Love the taste of it and will make it again very soon. I made it for Thanksgiving and haven't been able to keep it in the house for very long...lol Christmas I gave it out as little gifts and now everyone is asking for this recipe.
Truly, this bread deserves at least **10** stars. It is the only cranberry bread I've made for years, and will use exclusively. Thank you, Dawn, for this superior bread!!!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Bread Baking >
- Bread Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Bread Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cranberry Bread Recipes >
- Cranberry Recipes >
- Fresh Cranberry Recipes >
- New Year's Recipes >