Cranberry Nut Bread Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. In a small bowl, whisk the egg, orange juice and peel; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in cranberries and walnuts.
- Spoon batter into a greased and floured 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 65-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
Reviews for Cranberry Nut Bread
Sort By :
"This is delicious. It has just the right amount of tartness which makes cranberry bread so tasty. It's the perfect holiday bread."
"I made this bread and rounded the cranberry measurement. It was awesome. Nice and tart. Hey, Dawn, my birthday is 3/24 also. Thanks for a great recipe."
"I first made this recipe when it was first published and I knew it was a winner when I got all those compliments! This is definitely a family and friends favorite!"
"This recipe is so amazing! Love the taste of it and will make it again very soon. I made it for Thanksgiving and haven't been able to keep it in the house for very long...lol Christmas I gave it out as little gifts and now everyone is asking for this recipe."
"Truly, this bread deserves at least **10** stars. It is the only cranberry bread I've made for years, and will use exclusively. Thank you, Dawn, for this superior bread!!!"