Cranberry Layer Cake Recipe
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 1-1/3 cups water
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed and coarsely chopped
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
- 1 package (8 ounces) PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Stir in cranberries and walnuts. Pour into two greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until fluffy. Add the confectioners’ sugar, vanilla and orange peel; beat until blended. Spread between layers and over top and sides of cake. Sprinkle with walnuts. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Cranberry Layer Cake(17)
Sort By :
I made this cake today. ..was very skeptical how sour it would be with the fresh chopped cranberries having to use 1 cup per small cake box batter....well I must say once I icing the 2 round cakes with the lovely sweet cream cheese frosting it mellowed out all that tanginess and made a scrumptious cake. ..next time though I will use 2 white boxed cake mixes to make my 2 layers more thick. This recipe is a great cake for the Holidays. ..I can't wait for my hubby to get home to have a slice. Or 2!
Love love love
LOVELY HOLIDAY CAKE! I made it in a bundt pan & it turned out beautifully. You can still cut the bundt in half & frost between layers but I just frosted the bundt cake as a whole.
Delicious...I'm not a big fan of cake mixes, but my family and I loved this cake.
I will have to try for the next pot luck at church. Looks great.
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cake Recipes >
- Cakes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cranberry Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Fresh Cranberry Recipes >