Cranberry Layer Cake Recipe
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 1-1/3 cups water
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed and coarsely chopped
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Stir in cranberries and walnuts. Pour into two greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until fluffy. Add the confectioners’ sugar, vanilla and orange peel; beat until blended. Spread between layers and over top and sides of cake. Sprinkle with walnuts. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Cranberry Layer Cake(33)
Sort By :
Delicious, especially the frosting! Definitely a keeper.
This cake was fantastic. I have made it twice and everyone that had it loved it. Really easy to make also.
This is wonderful...Thanks for a keeper!
One of my friends who I shared this cake with exclaimed, "This should be our traditional Christmas cake!" This cake is delicious, the presentation is beautiful, and the icing is divine! It was a hit at Christmas and I will surely make it again next year!
Thank you Sandy Burkett!!!!This is the quintessential holiday cake.Perfect for Thanksgiving and Christmas,All the opulence of fruitcake but minus the heaviness and density.Follow the recipe to the letter.Do not substitute a single thing.Perfection.So easy if you use your food processor to chop and a stand mixer or handmixer to beat.The frosting is the perfect amount to generously cover and fill the layers.Sandy you are so wonderful to share this.It will be a tradition in our home,and the homes of my two daughters.Note aside:Fresh cranberries freeze very well in their bags.The food processor chops them coarsely even when frozen,just pop them in.xxoo
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cake Recipes >
- Cakes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cranberry Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Fresh Cranberry Recipes >