- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 1-1/3 cups water
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed and coarsely chopped
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line bottoms of two greased 9-in. round baking pans with parchment paper; grease paper. In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients; beat on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium 2 minutes. Stir in cranberries and walnuts. Transfer batter to prepared pans.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes before removing to wire racks; remove paper. Cool completely.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, butter and vanilla until blended. Gradually beat in confectioners’ sugar and orange peel until smooth. Spread frosting between layers and over top and sides of cake. Sprinkle with walnuts. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Cranberry Layer Cake
Sort By :
"This cake is excellent and so easy to make. I chose to use a 9x13 pan for mine. I have made it for several church functions, and even doubled it a couple of times. I always get requests for the recipe. I always add an extra egg to me cake recipes. :)"
"Delicious, especially the frosting! Definitely a keeper."
"This cake was fantastic. I have made it twice and everyone that had it loved it. Really easy to make also."
"This is wonderful...Thanks for a keeper!"