- 1 can (14 ounces) jellied cranberry sauce
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) chili sauce
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 package (32 ounces) frozen fully cooked homestyle meatballs, thawed
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine the first six ingredients; stir until sugar is dissolved. Add meatballs; cook for 20-25 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Editor's Note: To prepare in a slow cooker, heat sauce ingredients as directed. Add sauce and meatballs to a 4 qt. slow cooker. Cook, covered, on low 2-3 hours or until heated through. Yield: about 6 dozen.
Reviews for Cranberry Chili Meatballs
"These disappeared in no time."
"E everyone enjoyed these! I only used the cranberries and chili sauce."
"I made this for our annual Christmas party and EVERYONE asked for the recipe! Our old standby meatball recipe (the one with grape jelly), just got replaced!!! And In Canada, I was able to buy gluten free Angus beef meatballs (President's Choice Blue Menu), so everyone could enjoy them!!!! Great recipe and SO easy!"
"I add an 8 oz can of undrained crushed pineapple and only 1/4 c brown sugar."
"Made the recipe as is. The sauce tasted like it was made with applesauce instead of cranberry somehow, and the consistency looked like it too. It was OK, but will probably try a new recipe next time"
"Huge hit with my family!"
"I make these for every party, and all you need is the chili sauce and the jellied cranberry sauce. I don't see the need for the extra spices."
"Don't remember where I've seen this similar recipe before but all it called for was a bag of frozen meat balls, a bottle of chili sauce and a can of cranberries all mixed together in a crock pot."
"I get rave reviews on these at every gathering I have brought them to. Super easy to make. The only thing I did different was to make them in a crock-pot so they would stay warm during service."