Cranberry Buttermilk Scones Recipe
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup cold butter
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a bowl, combine the flour, 1/3 cup sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda; cut in butter until mixture is crumbly. Stir in the buttermilk just until combined. Fold in the cranberries and orange peel.
- Turn onto a floured surface; divide dough in half. Pat each half into a 6-in. circle. Cut each circle into six wedges. Separate wedges and place 1 in. apart on a lightly greased baking sheet. Brush with milk. Combine the cinnamon and remaining sugar; sprinkle over scones. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Cranberry Buttermilk Scones(15)
Sort By :
I've made these several times. I LOVE scones and these are by far the best I've ever had. Try them you won't be sorry. In fact, I'm going to make some today.
Best and easiest recipe! I had to substitute 1/4 cup butter with whipping cream, and added some vanilla Essenes as well as cardamom. Instead of orange I used lemon. These are absolutely fantastic! Oh, and mixed fresh and dried cranberries. Love, love, love!
Very Good and Very easy to make. I have made this 3 times now. Will continue to make again. I put a little more orange peel than called for.
I've made this recipe many times and my whole family likes it! It totally works with whole wheat flour as well.
Exceptional recipe. Nice crust and so soft and moist on the inside.