Cran-Raspberry Pie Recipe
- 2 cups chopped fresh or frozen cranberries
- 5 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened raspberries, thawed
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 to 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking tapioca
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- In a large bowl, combine the cranberries, raspberries and extract. Combine the sugar, tapioca and salt. Add to fruit mixture; toss gently to coat. Let stand for 15-20 minutes.
- Line pie plate with bottom pastry; trim to 1 in. beyond edge of plate. Add filling. Roll out remaining pastry; make a lattice crust. Trim, seal and flute edges. Cover edges loosely with foil.
- Bake at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Cran-Raspberry Pie(2)
Sort By :
My family loves odd meals and this one is definitely odd....good though.
If you like a tart fruit pie, you probably will enjoy this one, too. I made it into a "crisp" instead, to save time. The cranberries of course make it tart, but did not overpower the raspberries' flavor. I love raspberries, so I thought it was a delicious combination. Looks pretty, too. I recommend 1-1/2 c. sugar (for pleasantly tart), and I also added 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon. Hubby thought it was good, a little tart, but said the sweet and crunchy crumb topping of the crisp was a nice combination with the tartness of the fruit filling. I thought it was quite good and next time I will make as a pie.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Berry Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cranberry Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Fresh Cranberry Recipes >
- Fruit Pie Recipes >
- Pie Baking >
- Pie Recipes >
- Raspberry Pie >
- Raspberry Pies >
- Raspberry Recipes >