These tasty little crab tarts make excellent appetizers served warm and crispy from the oven. You can add them to your list of holiday finger food as well. They're true crowd-pleasers. —Connie McDowell, Greenwood, Delaware
- 32 wonton wrappers
- Cooking spray
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 5 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1 cup lump crabmeat, drained
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Press wonton wrappers into miniature muffin cups coated with cooking spray. Spritz wrappers with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 8-9 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, cream, egg, mustard, Worcestershire sauce and pepper sauce until smooth. Stir in the crab, green onions and red pepper; spoon into wonton cups. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until filling is heated through. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 32 appetizers.
Originally published as Crab Wonton Cups in Country Woman June/July 2008, p29
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Crab Wonton Cups
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review