- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 24 squares)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 cartons (8 ounces each) spreadable strawberry cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- Red decorating gel
- 1 fresh strawberry, halved
- In a bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, sugar and butter. Press onto the bottom and 1 in up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Bake at 325° for 10 minutes; cool.
- In a bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Fold in the whipped topping. Gently spread a third of the filling over crust. Arrange strawberries on top. Spoon remaining filling over berries; smooth top. Refrigerate overnight.
- With decorating gel, pipe numerals and the minute and hour hands for a clock dial on the cheesecake. Place strawberry halves at the tips of the clock hands. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Countdown Cheesecake in Quick Cooking November/December 2002, p59
Reviews for Countdown Cheesecake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 31, 2009
"PS: I meant to include in my previous review that, after chilling for the required time as stated in the recipe, it's even better if you stick it in the freezer for 15 minutes before serving!"
Reviewed Dec. 29, 2008
"very cool idea!"