Corn Dog Casserole Recipe
- 2 cups thinly sliced celery
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/2 cups sliced green onions
- 1-1/2 pounds hot dogs
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 packages (8-1/2 ounces each) corn bread/muffin mix
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- In a small skillet, saute celery in butter for 5 minutes. Add onions; saute for 5 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender. Place in a large bowl; set aside.
- Cut hot dogs lengthwise into quarters, then cut into thirds. In the same skillet, saute hot dogs for 5 minutes or until lightly browned; add to vegetables. Set aside 1 cup.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, sage and pepper. Add the remaining hot dog mixture. Stir in corn bread mixes. Add 1-1/2 cups of cheese. Spread into a shallow 3-qt. baking dish. Top with reserved hot dog mixture and remaining cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Corn Dog Casserole(45)
Sort By :
I can't believe that I have never reviewed this recipe until now as we have been making it since it was published. In fact, my children were in 4-H in Kansas and did a cooking demonstration earning them purples ribbons at both the county and state levels. They, and now ,I do not use the corn bread mixes. We prefer stirring up our own home made corn bread. So simple to do and the family likes it better. Wonderful recipe!
This was delicious and very filling. I did use my own home made corn bread mix but the cook time was off. It took me 50 minutes to bake but I'm thinking it could be b.c I did use the packs of cornbread mix.
I loved it! The kids hated it, and they love corn dogs...darn it.
This wasn't too bad. I liked it because I like corn dogs, but others weren't that thrilled with it.
We really liked it -- I added in a can of chopped green chilies as suggested by one of the other reviewers. Next time I'll add in corn too... Yummm