- 2 cups thinly sliced celery
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/2 cups sliced green onions
- 1-1/2 pounds hot dogs
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 packages (8-1/2 ounces each) corn bread/muffin mix
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- In a small skillet, saute celery in butter 5 minutes. Add onions; saute 5 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender. Place in a large bowl; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400°. Cut hot dogs lengthwise into quarters, then cut into thirds. In the same skillet, saute hot dogs 5 minutes or until lightly browned; add to vegetables. Set aside 1 cup.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, sage and pepper. Add remaining hot dog mixture. Stir in corn bread mixes. Add 1-1/2 cups cheese. Spread into a shallow 3-qt. baking dish. Top with reserved hot dog mixture and remaining cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, 30 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Corn Dog Casserole
Sort By :
"This recipe makes a lot! I cut it back by using 3 pounds of potatoes and halving the dressing recipe, but I had some bacon to use up, so I put in the whole 1/2 pound. The result was stellar! This will be my go-to recipe from now on. Regarding the amount of sugar, if you consider how many servings this makes, it's really not that bad per serving. Many folks ingest that much and more in soda or sweet tea on a daily basis. (Not that I am saying this is a good thing, but I like to try to keep things in perspective.) That said, if you have tried an alternative sweetener that works well here without an off flavor, do post and let us know."
"I know I made this once for my family reunion. It makes a lot and looks pretty in the bowl. Since this was made long ago I can't fairly say as to how I liked it. Seeing as how though I only made this one time kinda tells me It must not have been a raving success."
"My husband's mother use to make German Potatoe Salad & he thinks this receipe is very close. We liked it very much!!!"
"I frowned at the 1 cup of sugar recipe but was really surprised by the taste, very flavorful. Next time I'm going to try to reduce the sugar in half & see how that tastes maybe even try a sugar supplement. But the taste was worth the one cup of sugar. Thank you."
"lilygirl - I agree, too much sugar. I will substitute with 1/2 cup honey."