Corn Dog Casserole Recipe
- 2 cups thinly sliced celery
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/2 cups sliced green onions
- 1-1/2 pounds hot dogs
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 packages (8-1/2 ounces each) corn bread/muffin mix
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- In a small skillet, saute celery in butter 5 minutes. Add onions; saute 5 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender. Place in a large bowl; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400°. Cut hot dogs lengthwise into quarters, then cut into thirds. In the same skillet, saute hot dogs 5 minutes or until lightly browned; add to vegetables. Set aside 1 cup.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, sage and pepper. Add remaining hot dog mixture. Stir in corn bread mixes. Add 1-1/2 cups cheese. Spread into a shallow 3-qt. baking dish. Top with reserved hot dog mixture and remaining cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, 30 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Corn Dog Casserole
Sort By :
I made this one time and was disgusted with the end results. Sorry to the owner that submitted this no offense meant to you. I had to throw the entire thing out because NOBODY liked this or wanted to eat it. Out of all the years that I've been trying and making new receipes I can't stand to waste food/ingredients but this was one of the very few from T.O.H that was disgusting and a total waste of my money. I'm being kind by rating this 1 star!
We thought this was great!
I can't believe that I have never reviewed this recipe until now as we have been making it since it was published. In fact, my children were in 4-H in Kansas and did a cooking demonstration earning them purples ribbons at both the county and state levels. They, and now ,I do not use the corn bread mixes. We prefer stirring up our own home made corn bread. So simple to do and the family likes it better. Wonderful recipe!
This was delicious and very filling. I did use my own home made corn bread mix but the cook time was off. It took me 50 minutes to bake but I'm thinking it could be b.c I did use the packs of cornbread mix.
I loved it! The kids hated it, and they love corn dogs...darn it.