Corn Bread Vegetable Cobbler Recipe
- 1 butternut squash (2 pounds), peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 pound red potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 3 medium parsnips, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) vegetable or chicken broth
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk, divided
- 1-3/4 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1. Place the squash, potatoes, parsnips and onion in a shallow 3-qt. baking dish. Combine the oil, salt and tarragon; drizzle over vegetables and toss to coat. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 1 hour or until tender, stirring once.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Add broccoli and lemon peel. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 2 minutes or until broccoli is crisp-tender.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and 1/2 cup milk until smooth. Add to broccoli. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add to roasted vegetables; stir to combine.
- 4. In a small bowl, combine the baking mix, cornmeal, cayenne and remaining milk until smooth. Drop batter in 12 mounds over hot vegetables. Bake, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until topping is browned. Yield: 12 servings.
1 cup: 205 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 514mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Corn Bread Vegetable Cobbler
"I wanted to try this recipe because it had parsnip in it, but I couldn't find parsnips which is probably a good thing as husband informed me later that he does not like parsnips. Good recipe for Meatless Mondays."