- 1-1/3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup fat-free milk
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) reduced-fat plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 cup pitted fresh or frozen dark sweet cherries, thawed
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries, thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- In a small bowl, combine oats, milk, yogurt and honey. Refrigerate, covered, overnight.
- Top each serving with cherries, blueberries and walnuts. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Cool Summertime Oatmeal
"I have seen similar recipes for years, but they all used ingredients I didn't normally keep on hand. I thought the recipe came out great as written. The last time I made it I used greek yogurt and I found I needed to add a lot more milk. I think I'll try it with greek yogurt again and next time use less yogurt. My son thought cold oatmeal was weird so he microwaved it and liked it that way. Thanks for my new summer staple!"
"My family loves this for breakfast and I love that you can assemble it the night before. I do leave out the milk and nuts. And I switch out the fruit every now and then. It's also great with bananas! The oats soften a little bit but to me they are like the texture of what they are like in a no bake cookie. They do not bother us that way"
"Maybe I'm missing something, but I followed the recipe and the next day was so eager to try the oatmeal. The oats tasted chewy and raw, which is what I feared since they weren't cooked. I had hoped soaking up the milk and yogurt would have softened them, but it was inedible. Very disappointed, because it seemed like such a great idea!"