Contest-Winning Veggie Tortellini Soup Recipe
- 3 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) vegetable broth
- 2 medium zucchini, chopped
- 4 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh spinach
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary or 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- In a Dutch oven, saute carrots and onion in oil until onion is tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Stir in the broth, zucchini, tomatoes, tortellini, spinach, rosemary and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until tortellini are tender. Just before serving, stir in vinegar. Yield: 7 servings.
Reviews for Contest-Winning Veggie Tortellini Soup
Sort By :
"My mom made it, needless to say it was not appealing to my mouth."
"Excellent fresh vegetable soup with an italian twist! One may add roasted chicken for a hearty soup! I used no chicken as I tried this for the first time. I tried with and without the red wine vinegar, I must be in mood for red wine vinegar, I actually did not add vinegar to the pot, just to give it a try I splashed a little in my bowl when I served it. I felt it curved the broth to more of a wine broth. No need to add it. I made this for my mom whom had a hypoglycemic incident today to make her world better. She LOVED it!"
"This was very good. I ued Herb Chicken Tortellini in it."
"Delicious! I made the recipe as written, and it was great. My 2 year old loved it too!"
"Delicious soup! I used refrigerated whole wheat cheese tortellini which was excellent and plum tomatoes from my freezer."