Too-Easy Tortellini Soup
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1 can (15 ounces) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Shredded Parmesan cheese and coarsely ground pepper, optional
- In a large saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Stir in tortellini. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in the beans, tomatoes and basil. Simmer for 4-6 minutes or until pasta is tender. Stir in the vinegar. Sprinkle with cheese and pepper if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 276 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 457mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 14g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1-1/2 lean meat, 1 fat.
Jun 2, 2016
Needed a quick and easy dinner and this fit the bill! Very tasty - added fresh basil at the end. Will definitely make again!
Oct 6, 2015
Feb 6, 2014
My favorite 'go-to-recipe' when in a hurry to get dinner to my mother....some soft garlic bread sticks and a fresh salad. This is always a hit, thank you for sharing!
Sep 29, 2013
So easy and so tasty. We have loved this soup for years.
Aug 22, 2013
I made a lot of soup when I was pregnant with my twins in 2011. This was one of the recipes I tried and decided it was a keeper. I add whatever I have on hand though... So if it were summer, I would add zucchini. Change it up with the veggies! Or add some stewed chicken! Mmmmmm!
Aug 18, 2013
I've been making this for years and it has become a family favorite. I serve it with crusty bread. Very easy, quick and delicious!
Nov 3, 2012
I love this recipe and make it often. I use chick peas in place of the beans, just because I love them. Thanks for sharing!
Jan 17, 2012
been making this for quite a few years now, exact recipe. love it and family loves it
Oct 29, 2011
It's excellent even re-heated. For you Weight Watchers it's low points.
Jun 20, 2011
It's easy, and it's quick and it tastes great. I top it parmesan that's been shredded on the large holes of a grater, to have it pack more of a punch. I serve it garlic bread or popovers, and a salad.