As a four-generation Idaho family, we love our potatoes and cook with them in every way possible. I have served this for weddings, family dinners and more. It has become a favorite for many. —Karla Kimball, Emmett, Idaho
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (32 ounces) frozen cubed hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- In a 4-qt. slow cooker, combine the first six ingredients. Stir in hash browns and 1-1/2 cups cheese. Cook, covered, on low 4-5 hours or until potatoes are tender, sprinkling with remaining cheese during the last 5 minutes. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Comforting Cheesy Potatoes in Simple & Delicious February/March 2014
Reviews for Comforting Cheesy Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review