- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (32 ounces) frozen cubed hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- In a 4-qt. slow cooker, combine the first six ingredients. Stir in hash browns and 1-1/2 cups cheese. Cook, covered, on low 4-5 hours or until potatoes are tender, sprinkling with remaining cheese during the last 5 minutes. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Comforting Cheesy Potatoes
"My family loves these potatoes! I make them often for just us or for company. I always add 2 cups sour cream to mine and extra cheese, as we like the extra bit in our potatoes. I also bake them in the oven for about an hour instead of using my slow cooker. For an extra kick, try them with some seasoned salt!"
"Easy and tasty. Mine burnt a bit around the edges in the slow cooker cooking on low for 4:30."
"This is a great recipe. I'm always looking for slow cooker dishes. This is great with ham or bacon added to it too. YUMMO!"
"I can't wait to try these. Looks easy to make and bet it's tasty too. Might add some jalapenos for a nice kick."
"Since I only had shredded hashbrowns on hand, I used those and also added ham to make it more of a complete meal. My husband LOVED it! A keeper for sure."