Cold Sesame Noodles Recipe
Even my kids can’t resist this unique salad with a peanut butter dressing. To make it a main dish, stir in some cubed cooked chicken.Elizabeth Perez, Flower Mound, Texas
- 12 ounces uncooked linguine
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 to 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup julienned carrots
- 8 green onions, thinly sliced
- Peanuts or sesame seeds, optional
- Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a blender, combine the peanut butter, oil, water, soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil, ginger, garlic and pepper flakes; cover and process until blended.
- Drain linguine; place in a large bowl. Drizzle with three-fourths of the peanut sauce; add carrots and onions. Toss to combine. Refrigerate until serving.
- Just before serving, add the remaining peanut sauce; toss to coat. Garnish with peanuts if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Cold Sesame Noodles in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2011, p202
Reviews for Cold Sesame Noodles(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review