- 1 recipe Basic Sweet Dough (recipe also in Recipe Finder)
- 1 recipe Chocolate Lover's, Cinnamon Nut or Fruity Cream Cheese Filling (recipes also in Recipe Finder)
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 to 3 tablespoons milk
- Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Roll into a 15-in. x 12-in. rectangle. Spread filling to within 1/2 in. of edges. (If using Fruity Cream Cheese Filling, spread with cream cheese mixture; set jam aside.) Roll up, jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal. place, seam side down, on a greased 12-in. pizza pan; pinch ends together to form a ring. With scissors, cut from outside edge two-thirds of the way toward center of the ring at 1-1/2-in. intervals (see photos below right). Separate pieces; slightly twist to show filling. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes. (If using Fruity Cream Cheese Filling, place 1 teaspoon of jam in the center of each slice.) Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan to a wire rack to cool.
- For glaze, combine sugar, butter, vanilla and enough milk to achieve desired consistency. drizzle over coffee cake. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Coffee Cake Ring in Quick Cooking March/April 2000, p61
Reviews for Coffee Cake Ring(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 22, 2010
YUM!!!! I prefer the braided look but this one is also very pretty!!! The fillings are good too!