- 2 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, sugar and vanilla until fluffy. Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; add to egg mixture alternately with pineapple. Stir in walnuts.
- Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Frost cake. Sprinkle with coconut. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Coconut Pineapple Cake
"I recall preparing this cake when I saw it in Recipes Across America-one of the latest TOH recipe books featured which I purchased this past year! I did make adjustments as follows by using: 1 tsp. baking soda, 1 tsp. baking powder, 1 tsp. salt. I kept the amount of eggs, sugar, vanilla and flour the same. I also kept the amount of crushed pineapple and chopped nuts the same. I kept the frosting ingredient amounts as is. I sifted the dry ingredients for the cake. I used a greased and floured 13x9x2" baking pan and baked cake for 35 to 40 minutes or until a cake tester inserted near center comes out clean. delowenstein"
"My granddaughter loves pineapple and coconut, so we made this recipe together. Everyone agreed it was delicious."
"My granddaughter and I made this cake because she loves coconut and pineapple. She was proud of her cake, and everyone thought it was delicious."
"I got great feedback when I made this for a bingo gathering. One question, tho. Do you add the pineapple with the juice or do you drain the pineapple?"
"One of our customer made us this cake and we all thought it was so good. I had to have the receipe and I have made it twice in the last two weeks for different events and I plan to make another one this week. I didn't put the walnuts in it or the coconut on top. Next time I will try it that way."
"This cake is fabulous! OMG so moist and good! Definitely a keeper!!!"
"Delicious and moist."
"I made a half recipe and baked in an 8-inch square dish. It turned out great. This is a very tasty cake. I will definitely make this again."
"I make a cake similar to this only I put in 1/4 tsp of cinnamon and 1/4 nutmeg, also I put a whipped cream frosting on it with toasted coconut. Both ways are very good. and I would deffinately make it again"
"This recipe is definitely a winner! It's moist and fruity and the frosting is so decadent. My family loved this one. It may become one of my signature desserts."