With a butterscotch flavor, these tasty bars have always been welcomed with open arms by my family. Since they're simple to make, kids can have fun pitching in.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1-1/2 cups flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, salt and baking powder; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in coconut and pecans (batter will be thick).
- Spread into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Cut into bars. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Coconut Pecan Bars in Best of Country Cookies 1999, p78
Reviews for Coconut Pecan Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review