Cobre Valley Casserole Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) refried beans
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, optional
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 large tomato, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1/3 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1-1/2 cups crushed tortilla chips
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and celery over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the taco seasoning, water, beans and green chilies if desired.
- Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated through. Top with cheese, green onions, tomato, olives and chips. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Cobre Valley Casserole(14)
Sort By :
This dish reminds me of the quintessential layered refried bean party dip--it didn't feel like a casserole per se. Used chicken instead of beef because that's what I had on hand. Next time I will substitute Mexican or Spanish rice for one can of the refried beans. It could use some extra spice--agree with many of the other comments about ramping up the heat. There are so many extra things you can use for garnish--sour cream, cilantro, salsa, lettuce. I also agree it would be excellent for tacos or burritos. Overall a good recipe and a fun one to play with.
We loved this. Add sour cream and lettuce on top, it was a hit. Next time would use medium instead of mild can of green chilies and maybe medium instead of mild taco seasoning.
Good. Kids and husband all liked this.
I made some changes to appeal to my family's taste. Instead of using 2 cans of refried beans, I swapped one can out and replaced it with black beans; I used hormel green chili instead of green chilies and instead of using a large tomato I used pace medium picante sauce.
Made this last night - so easy. Husband and two teenage boys loved it - no leftovers. Would be good as filling for burritos.
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Beef Casseroles >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >