I created this colorful salad when I was invited to a friend's Easter egg hunt and potluck picnic. The guests were begging to get my recipe. Let the flavors infuse overnight for the best taste. —Cheryl Magnuson, Apple Valley, California
Featured In: 60 Spring Farmers Market Recipes
- 3 medium sweet red peppers
- 3 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1/2 cup minced shallots
- 1/3 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons grated orange peel
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh tarragon
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2/3 cup walnut or olive oil
- Preheat broiler. Place peppers on a foil-lined baking sheet. Broil 4 in. from heat until skins blister, about 5 minutes. With tongs, rotate peppers a quarter turn. Broil and rotate until all sides are blistered and blackened. Immediately place peppers in a large bowl; let stand, covered, 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a 6-qt. stockpot, bring 8 cups water to a boil. Add asparagus in batches; cook, uncovered, 1-2 minutes or just until crisp-tender. Remove asparagus and immediately drop into ice water. Drain and pat dry; cut into halves.
- Peel off and discard charred skin on peppers. Remove stems and seeds. Cut peppers into 1/4-in.-wide strips. In a large bowl, combine asparagus, red peppers and shallots. For dressing, in a small bowl, whisk vinegar, orange peel, tarragon, honey, salt and pepper. Gradually whisk in oil until blended. Drizzle over asparagus mixture; toss to coat. Refrigerate up to 4 hours before serving, stirring occasionally. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Citrus-Tarragon Asparagus Salad in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2016, p138
Reviews for Citrus-Tarragon Asparagus Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review