Rice is favored in my family so I make this pleasant, citrus side dish often.
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium orange, peeled, seeded and cut into small pieces
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- In a large saucepan, saute celery and onions in butter until tender. Add rice; cook and stir for 5 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Add the orange juice, water and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
- Remove from the heat. Gently stir in orange pieces; sprinkle with almonds. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Orange Rice Pilaf in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2006, p162
Reviews for Citrus Rice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 5, 2015
"I really liked how easy this rice was to make and how flavorful this dish was."