Rice is favored in my family so I make this pleasant, citrus side dish often.
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium orange, peeled, seeded and cut into small pieces
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- In a large saucepan, saute celery and onions in butter until tender. Add rice; cook and stir for 5 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Add the orange juice, water and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
- Remove from the heat. Gently stir in orange pieces; sprinkle with almonds. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Orange Rice Pilaf in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2006, p162
Reviews for Citrus Rice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 5, 2015
"I really liked how easy this rice was to make and how flavorful this dish was."