My mom always had these cookies on hand. They're so good with a cup of hot chocolate, coffee or milk. —Leah Costigan, Otto, North Carolina
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans, optional
- Cinnamon sugar, optional
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, sugars and oil. Add eggs and vanilla; mix well. Add flour, salt, baking soda, cream of tartar and cinnamon. Stir in the pecans if desired. Cover and refrigerated for 3 hours or until easy to handle.
- Roll into 1-in. balls. Place 2-in. apart on greased baking sheets; flatten with the bottom of a glass dipped in sugar. If desired, sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until set. Yield: about 8 dozen.
Originally published as Cinnamon Sugar Cookies in Country December/January 1995, p51
Reviews for Cinnamon Sugar Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review