- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans, optional
- Cinnamon sugar, optional
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, sugars and oil. Add eggs and vanilla; mix well. Add flour, salt, baking soda, cream of tartar and cinnamon. Stir in the pecans if desired. Cover and refrigerated for 3 hours or until easy to handle.
- Roll into 1-in. balls. Place 2-in. apart on greased baking sheets; flatten with the bottom of a glass dipped in sugar. If desired, sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until set. Yield: about 8 dozen.
Reviews for Cinnamon Sugar Cookies
Sort By :
"The family really enjoy them"
"For those who think 1 cup of oil is excessive, look at the amount of cookies it makes. This is more than double what a standard cookie recipe yields. So don't be concerned about the oil...just half the recipe and feel better about it. These are yummy! Grammajo"
"This will be my 3rd year making them since I found them. This is the cookie my family asks me to make first. They melt in your mouth!"
"I had planned to make a batch of these cookies until I noticed how much vegetable oil the recipe calls for. 1 cup is too much oil in my opinion. Has anyone made them with applesauce instead of oil?"
"Made these and they were delicious! Didn't use cream of tartar, added brown sugar. Just sweet enough, with a touch of salt."