- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans, optional
- Colored sugar, optional
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, sugars and oil. Add eggs and vanilla; mix well. Add flour, salt, baking soda, cream of tartar and cinnamon. Stir in the pecans if desired. Cover and refrigerated for 3 hours or until easy to handle.
- Roll into 1-in. balls. Place on greased baking sheets; flatten with the bottom of a glass dipped in sugar. Sprinkle with colored sugar if desired.
- Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until set. Yield: about 8 dozen.
Reviews for Cinnamon Sugar Cookies
Sort By :
I had planned to make a batch of these cookies until I noticed how much vegetable oil the recipe calls for. 1 cup is too much oil in my opinion. Has anyone made them with applesauce instead of oil?
Made these and they were delicious! Didn't use cream of tartar, added brown sugar. Just sweet enough, with a touch of salt.
I've made these cookies every year since the year they first appeared in the magazine. They are HANDS DOWN my family's favorite cookies.
My family loved the texture and taste of these. I envision baking these for other holidays and just altering the colored sugar used on top. Delicious!
Great tasting cookies. I will be making them again.