With my first sip of this brisk cider, I know autumn has arrived. It makes the kitchen smell so festive that I serve it during the holidays, too. Transfer it to a slow cooker set on low to keep it warm until the last party guest leaves. —Tina Butler, Royse City, Texas
Featured In: 18 Recipes to Make with Apple Cider
- 2-1/2 quarts apple cider or juice
- 1/2 cup Red Hots
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 1/2 teaspoon whole cloves
- In a large saucepan, combine cider, Red Hots and nutmeg. Place cinnamon sticks and cloves on a double thickness of cheesecloth. Gather up corners of cloth to enclose seasonings; tie securely with string. Add to Dutch oven.
- Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally to loosen candies. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 10-15 minutes or until flavors are blended. Discard spice bag. Yield: 12 servings (3/4 cup each).
Originally published as Cinnamon Spiced Cider in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2015, p236
Reviews for Cinnamon Spiced Cider
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review