Cinnamon Peanut Brittle Recipe
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 2 cups salted peanuts
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- In a 2-qt. microwave-safe bowl, combine sugar and corn syrup. Heat, uncovered, on high for 3 minutes; stir. Heat 2-1/4 minutes longer. Stir in peanuts, butter and cinnamon.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 20-30 seconds or until mixture turns a light amber color (mixture will be very hot). Quickly stir in baking soda and vanilla until light and foamy.
- Immediately pour onto a greased baking sheet and spread with a metal spatula. Refrigerate for 20 minutes or until firm; break into small pieces. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 1-1/4 pounds.
Reviews for Cinnamon Peanut Brittle
Sort By :
"This recipe is a fantastic treat or holiday gift! A pretty package and some gilt-edged ribbon make this pretty-as-a-picture peanut brittle look pretty enough for the Queen of England. The first time I made this with my mom, it took no time at all for my family to crunch it all up!"
"I love this it was easy to make and tastes great, all the people I have made it for also love it thank you!"
"This was one of the first brittle recipes I ever made. It turned out great! Easy to prepare. Simple directions. Great taste. I have since started to add a dash of red pepper to kick up the spicy cinnamon flavor. Every ones this recipe. It is also great to take to parties/potluck because it is usually the on brittle on the dessert table!"
"Very easy recipe! If you like peanut brittle that's LOADED with peanuts, follow the recipe. If you like the crunchy candy portion a lot, I'd only use a cup of peanuts."
"Too many peanuts for the amount of sugar/syrup mixture."