- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2-3/4 cups sugar, divided
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, cream butter and 2 cups sugar until light fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine flour, baking soda and salt; add alternately with sour cream, beating just enough after each addition to keep batter smooth.
- Spoon a third of batter into a greased 10-in. tube pan. Combine cinnamon, nuts and remaining sugar; sprinkle a third over batter in pan. Repeat layers two more times. Bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 15 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 16-20 servings.
Reviews for Cinnamon Coffee Cake
Sort By :
"I've made this cake for years and it is always one of my most requested recipes. I've made it into an apple cinnamon coffee cake and it couldn't be more delicious! I peel, core, and thinly slice into bite size pieces, two Granny Smith apples that I put in some acidulated water (water with a little lemon juice) so they don't brown while I prepare the batter. I drain them on paper towels thoroughly, coat them in 1/4 cup flour, and fold them into the batter. I also use a bundt pan. For the filling, I use toasted pecans, 1/4 cup brown sugar and the remaining white sugar. I glaze with 1 cup confectioners sugar mixed with 2-3 tablespoons of apple cider and 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon. This cake is beautiful and is the first thing eaten anywhere I take it. Enjoy!"
"Cinnamon coffee cakes are probably my favorite type of cake but I never though of making one myself. This was a simple recipe and it came out really good. I'll be making this one again!"
"Left out the walnuts - delicious and EASY coffee cake!"
"Made it and love it, the only thing I changed is cooking time to 55 mint!"