Cinnamon-Apple Honey Cake Recipe
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced peeled tart apple
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Line a 6-in. round baking pan with parchment paper; coat paper with cooking spray. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon. Arrange apple slices in a single layer over cinnamon.
- In a small bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until crumbly, about 2 minutes. Beat in egg. Add milk and vanilla; beat on low speed until blended. Combine the flour, baking powder and remaining cinnamon; stir into creamed mixture just until blended. Spoon over apple.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Invert immediately onto a serving plate; drizzle with honey. Serve warm if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Cinnamon-Apple Honey Cake
Sort By :
I didn't quite have a small enough pan, but even with it a lil thin and a beginner making it, it was delicious and even my picky Dad asked for seconds!
Really good cake. Moist, not too sweet and perfect size for just the two of us. Thanks!
This was wonderful! It was a snap to make and everyone loved it! Since it is not very sweet, I think I will make it again and serve with breakfast. Thanks to the parchment paper, everything cleaned up easily too!
Loved this recipe!!! Not too sweet & perfect size! Thank you so much for sharing!!
This was so easy to make and it left a wonderful after-taste. Yum!!
More Recipe Collections
- Apple Cake >
- Apple Cakes >
- Apple Desserts >
- Apple Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cake Recipes >
- Cakes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Desserts >