"We're not keen on desserts, but I wanted to make my husband a small cake for his birthday," says Rebecca Zeissler of Forest Park, Illinois. "So i created this recipe for the occasion, and the cake came out moist, elegant and delicious."
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced peeled tart apple
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Line a 6-in. round baking pan with parchment paper; coat paper with cooking spray. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon. Arrange apple slices in a single layer over cinnamon.
- In a small bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until crumbly, about 2 minutes. Beat in egg. Add milk and vanilla; beat on low speed until blended. Combine the flour, baking powder and remaining cinnamon; stir into creamed mixture just until blended. Spoon over apple.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Invert immediately onto a serving plate; drizzle with honey. Serve warm if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Cinnamon-Apple Honey Cake in Cooking for 2 Winter 2008, p37
Reviews for Cinnamon-Apple Honey Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review