Cilantro-Lime Pork Chops Recipe
- 6 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lime peel
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 bone-in pork chops (1 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Set aside 1 tablespoon marinade; cover and refrigerate in a small bowl. Pour remaining marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add pork chops. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Drain and discard marinade from pork. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook chops in oil for 8-10 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Remove and keep warm.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and reserved marinade until smooth. Stir in the broth, orange juice and honey; add to skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or just until thickened. Stir in cilantro. Add pork chops; heat through. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Cilantro-Lime Pork Chops(4)
Sort By :
I changed this up a bit. I let them marinate overnight and put them in the crock pot for 5 hours on low shredded the meat and made pork tostadas served with lettuce, tomato, chedder cheese, sour cream and avacado. turned out great.
This was not that great my self nor my husband really liked them. I also had to add more cornstarch to get it to thicken up and cook longer. I would not make this again.
Delicious! Even my son who doesn't love pork chops or cilantro liked. The pork was flavorful and moist; a great combination of flavors between the marinade and sauce, and the cilantro isn't too strong. Definitely will make again!
I make this on request now from my family. It's a big hit!