“The secret to these burgers is the tangy mango chutney, but the arugula adds a special 'wow' to the plate. I get lots of compliments when I serve these at summer or fall cookouts.” Jeanne Lueders - Waterloo, Iowa
- 1/2 cup chutney, divided
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- 16 fresh arugula or baby spinach leaves
- 4 slices red onion
- Combine 1/4 cup chutney, mustard and lime juice; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the parsley, onions, salt, pepper and remaining chutney. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear.
- Serve on buns with arugula, onion and reserved chutney mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chutney Turkey Burgers in Healthy Cooking August/September 2008, p26
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Chutney Turkey Burgers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review