Chunky Pecan Bars Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup dark corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups semisweet chocolate chunks
- 1-1/2 cups coarsely chopped pecans
- In a small bowl, combine the flour and brown sugar; cut in butter until crumbly. Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk the eggs, sugar, corn syrup, butter and vanilla until blended. Stir in chocolate chunks and pecans. Pour over crust.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until set. Cool completely on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: 4 dozen.
Reviews for Chunky Pecan Bars(16)
Sort By :
this is fool proof & so delicious-everyone loves it
I first made this in 2005 when I subscribed to the magazine. It is a simple and awesome recipe. I have made it many times and always left with an empty pan. I lost the recipe when I moved back to WI and am really glad I found it again. I'll be making some soon!
I've made these bars several times, and they're always a hit. I used 1 cup of chocolate morsels instead of 1 1/2 cups of chocolate chunks, and, for me, the bars had the perfect ratio of nuts to chocolate. I do cut them on the small side as they're very rich.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Bar Recipes >
- Chocolate Bar Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Sodium Desserts >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Pecan Bars >