Christmas Fruit Salad Recipe
- 3 egg yolks, beaten
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 2 cups halved green grapes
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 jar (10 ounces) red maraschino cherries, drained and sliced
- 1 cup Diamond of California Chopped Pecans
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- In a large saucepan, combine egg yolks, water, vinegar and salt. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and reaches 160°. Remove from the heat and cool; fold in whipped cream.
- In a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Add dressing; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 24 hours. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Reviews for Christmas Fruit Salad(6)
Sort By :
I first made this recipe for my mother and dads 50th anniversary. Big hit! Been making it for parties ever since.
Very good, and I added green, red, yellow, jello!
Very good, and I added green, red, yellow, jellow!
Everyone at work loved this fruit salad!
I make this every Christmas. I particulary love it because it can be made the night before and it keeps very well. The added bonus is that it is delicious!