Christmas Fruit Salad Recipe
- 3 egg yolks, beaten
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 2 cups halved green grapes
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 jar (10 ounces) red maraschino cherries, drained and sliced
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- In a large saucepan, combine egg yolks, water, vinegar and salt. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and reaches 160°. Remove from the heat and cool; fold in whipped cream.
- In a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Add dressing; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 24 hours. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Reviews for Christmas Fruit Salad
Sort By :
"This turned out to be delicious and received raves, but I had to add about 1/2 c. sugar to it after mixing it all together. The recipe calls for white vinegar, and all I had was cider vinegar, so I used that. Maybe that was why it just wasn't sweet enough. But no problem.....the added sugar cut the vinegar that was over-powering everything and made it taste good Everyone loved it."
"I first made this recipe for my mother and dads 50th anniversary. Big hit! Been making it for parties ever since."
"Very good, and I added green, red, yellow, jello!"
"Very good, and I added green, red, yellow, jellow!"
"Everyone at work loved this fruit salad!"