From the buttery crust to the golden toffee, melted chocolate and chopped pecans, these bars are filled with Noel flavor.
- 2 cups vanilla wafer crumbs (about 60 wafers)
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°. Toss wafer crumbs with brown sugar and butter; press into an ungreased 13x9-in. pan. Bake until lightly browned, 8-10 minutes.
- For topping, place butter and brown sugar in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir 1 minute. Pour evenly over crust.
- Bake 10 minutes. Remove from oven; let stand 2 minutes. Sprinkle with chocolate chips; let stand until chips have softened. Spread evenly over top; sprinkle with pecans. Cool completely before cutting. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Chocolate Toffee Crunchies in Country Woman Christmas Annual 1999, p37
Reviews for Chocolate Toffee Crunchies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 19, 2013
"Good and easy"
Reviewed Aug. 9, 2012
"Delicious- and so easy to make!!"
Reviewed Jan. 25, 2012
"Great taste! made a couple times already and it disappears way too fast! Taste just like a heath bar."
Reviewed Mar. 21, 2010
"Very yummy and easy to make!"