- 1 package (3.9 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1 package (6) individual graham cracker tart shells
- 1/2 cup finely crushed chocolate sandwich cookies
- 48 pieces (3-1/2 inches each) red or black shoestring licorice
- 12 blue or green M&M's
- Prepare pudding with milk according to package directions. Spoon into crusts; sprinkle with cookie crumbs. Push eight licorice pieces into the pudding of each tartlet to form legs (curved pieces work best). Press M&M's in place for eyes. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Chocolate Spiders
Sort By :
"Tried thisathome for the grandchildren -- what fun!!! Then decided to take the idea in a different direction for a kid'sHalloween party. Instead of pudding Imade chocolate cupcakes w/chocolate frosting,red m&ms for eyes, red licorice legs. Had to use a toothpick to poke leg holes in the frosted cupcakes. They were used as prizes for the little kid's cake walk."
"This was a hit at the retirement community. We served them at out Witches Brew & Halloween party. The great part is you can use any flavor pudding. And since a couple of residents could not have chocolate, we used vanilla pudding and cookies with red licorice for them. The hardest part of the recipe is finding the shoestring licorice. I will use this recipe many times!!"
"These were the easiest to make, even my husband helped. And they were so cute! We received so many compliments. We used red licorice, and each one had a different color of M&M's for eyes, and they looked so colorful and cute. I think these will become a Halloween tradition."
"This is such an easy and fun recipe. The kids enjoyed making it for friends. Thanks!"