- 1-1/2 cups Oreo cookie crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 9 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup seedless raspberry preserves
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- Fresh raspberries and whipped cream, optional
- Place a greased 9-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan. Combine cookie crumbs and butter; press onto the bottom of prepared pan.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in sour cream and vanilla. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Set aside 1-1/2 cups; pour remaining batter over crust.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate; stir in preserves until blended. Stir in reserved batter just until blended. Drop by tablespoonfuls over the plain batter (do not swirl). Place springform pan in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan.
- Bake at 325° for 65-75 minutes or until center is just set and top appears dull. Remove springform pan from water bath; remove foil. Cool cheesecake on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer.
- For topping, place chocolate in a small bowl. In a small saucepan, bring cream just to a boil. Pour over chocolate; whisk until smooth. Cool slightly. Spread over top of cheesecake. Refrigerate overnight. Garnish with raspberries and whipped cream if desired. Remove sides of pan. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews for Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake
"Dont know how it tastes yet...but this recipe was easy to follow...only thing i changed as precious posters stated was to reserve only 1 cup of batter. I also cooked for 75 minutes then turned off the oven and left in a cracked oven for another 2 hours...perfect consistency...my chocolate blobs did not make one chocolate layer like everyone else states...i wish i could post a pic!"
"This is fabulous! I reduced the amount of reserved batter to 1 cup as others suggested and still found the chocolate batter ended up in a solid layer, not marbled, but that was fine. Used Ghiradelli bittersweet chips for topping for a dark chocolate flavor. Had to bake 15 min longer to be done. Will definitely make again!"
"Taking note of all comments, used 9 1/2" pan, no bain marie, used 1 cup of batter for chocolate and it was still too much. Cheesecake top was completely "chocolate". I reduced the sugar to 1 cup, dolloped about 1/4 cup raspberry preserves and swirled before topping with chocolate mixture. After cheesecake cooled, I topped it off with raspberry preserves instead of ganache. No Bain Marie could have affected the cook time, was all wrong for my oven, at 65-75 minutes, center was still liquid. Had to bake for 90 minutes, center was still jiggly. Left in oven with door closed for 30 minutes, then let it cool. Still will make it again."
"Can anyone tell me - is it 325*c or *f and is 65-75 minutes not two long? Thanks in advance"
"Awesome recipe. Only used 1 cup of batter mixed with chocolate as someone else suggested and it was perfect. Cooking in Separate pan of water, made it level"
"Love this cheesecake. I sometimes add fresh raspberries to the mix."
"Just made this for lunch for some gals and we all loved it. I used crushed chocolate teddy grahams for crust (and added 2T. sugar). I agree there was a lot of chocolate batter and would decrease that next time. Will definitely make this again."
"I have made this cheesecake twice, and it received raves both times. I did find that there was a lot of chocolate batter, and the chocolate was lighter than I like, so the second time I made it I decreased the amount of batter to 1 cup and added the chocolate mixture , and the taste and amount was perfect. Will definitely make this again"
"Amazing! It's our new favorite cheesecake recipe. Perfect for special occasions! I served it with fresh raspberries and cocoa flavored whipped cream. Yum!!"
"Awesome! Love it - is my new favorite cheesecake!"