My husband loves cheesecake, and this favorite is from a cookbook I bought long ago for $1 at a yard sale. We love raspberries and chocolate—what a match! —Mickey Turner, Grants Pass, Oregon
- 1-1/2 cups cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookie crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 9 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup seedless raspberry preserves
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- Fresh raspberries and whipped cream, optional
- Place a greased 9-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan. Combine cookie crumbs and butter; press onto the bottom of prepared pan.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in sour cream and vanilla. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Set aside 1-1/2 cups; pour remaining batter over crust.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate; stir in preserves until blended. Stir in reserved batter just until blended. Drop by tablespoonfuls over the plain batter (do not swirl). Place springform pan in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan.
- Bake at 325° for 65-75 minutes or until center is just set and top appears dull. Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer.
- For topping, place chocolate in a small bowl. In a small saucepan, bring cream just to a boil. Pour over chocolate; whisk until smooth. Cool slightly. Spread over top of cheesecake. Refrigerate overnight. Garnish with raspberries and whipped cream if desired. Remove sides of pan. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake in Taste of Home February/March 2010, p85
Reviews for Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review