Chocolate Mousse Pie Recipe
More Pudding & Mousse Recipes »
- 1 milk chocolate candy bar with almonds (7 ounces)
- 16 large marshmallows or 1-1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 graham cracker crust or chocolate crumb crust or pastry shell, baked (9 inches)
- In a heavy saucepan, heat the candy bar, marshmallows and milk over low heat until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth, stirring constantly. Cool. Fold in whipped cream; pour into crust.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Chocolate Mousse Pie
Sort By :
This pie is excellent. It tastes divine. It is easy to prepare and what takes the longest is waiting for the chocolate mixture to cool. This pie is a winner!
I made this recipe to make mini mousse cups for my daughter's World Thinking Day Event for Girl Scouts. I used semi-sweet chocolate chips and mini-marshmallows with half-n-half instead of milk. We whipped our own whipped cream from heavy whipping cream, vanilla, and sugar. The first four batches seemed to be going fine, but seemed a bit runny. They are in my refrigerator now and I am a bit worried about them. But the last batch came out much lighter and fluffier that the rest. I discovered the secret by accident. The chocolate and marshmallow mixture needs time to get really cold before being folded into the whipped cream. I had taken a break and let the last batch of chocolate sit in the freezer for almost an hour, rather than the 15-20 minutes of the first four batches. Really yummy either way!
Twice I made this and it does not set up! I make a similar recipe with no problem. I think it is the milk.
Awesome pie!! I used two tubs of sugar-free cool whip and it was wonderful!
this pie was veryt easy to make and absolutely delicious. I used a Dove bar for the chocolate and regular pie crust. Everyone at our cookout loved it.