- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Green food coloring, optional
- In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar. Add the chocolate, egg and vanilla; mix well. Combine the dry ingredients; gradually add to creamed mixture, beating well. Shape dough into a 2-in. diameter roll; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm.
- Unwrap dough and cut into 1/8-in. slices. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 7-8 minutes or until edges are firm. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- In a small bowl, combine frosting ingredients. Frost cookies. Store in airtight containers. Yield: about 6 dozen.
Originally published as Chocolate Mint Creams in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2003, p43
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Chocolate Mint Creams
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review