- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the oats, flour, dry pudding mix, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks. Yield: about 7 dozen.
Reviews for Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
Sort By :
"Perfect cookies and easy to make!"
"These cookies were simple to make. I omitted the nuts (food allergy) but otherwise followed the recipe exactly. They were delicious! This recipe makes plenty of cookies so I froze half. This just might be my "go to" chocolate chip cookie recipe from now on!"
"These cookies were easy to make and my husband loved them. It's the only chocolate chip oatmeal cookie recipe he has liked. I make an entire batch and freeze most of it so there's always a nice treat without having to bake constantly."
"I followed the recipe EXACTLY except that I omitted the nuts. The dough is so dry it won't hold together. I added 2 tbsp of water. I was expecting a much much nicer tasting and nicer looking cookie. I went with this recipe because of a) the reviews and b) the ratio of oatmeal to flour. Will. NEVER make them again. I got 6 dozen "buttons" about 1.5 " diameter. I see the other reviews and shake my head as to what went wrong. Maybe I should have added another egg or two but won't bother trying this recipe again. Sorry!"
"These cookies were really good. I had only half of the amount of chocolate chips so usedbutterscotch chips with the chocolate chips. Yummy.Just couldn't stay out of the cookie jar!"