- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the oats, flour, dry pudding mix, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks. Yield: about 7 dozen.
Reviews for Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
"I am not a baker BUT you don't have to be! These cookies I baked for church were fabulous and so easy!!! Rave reviews!!!"
"These were simply delicious. The only thing I did differently was I use the small chocolate covered raisins in place of the chocolate chips. I had some left over from the holidays and thought this was a great way to use them up. Will continue to make this way for my family, but if you are not a raisin fan, these are outstanding as the recipe is written."
"Everyone liked these.I made half a recipe and got 39 cookies using my small (2 Tbsp.) cookie scoop.I also cut the sugar, but only to about 2/3 of the original amount. (They still are sweeter than I like them.) I also used whole wheat flour."
"These cookies were delicious. The only difference is that I cut the sugars in half. Everyone raved about them."
"way too sweet and does not make 7 doz. I won't be making them again."