- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the oats, flour, dry pudding mix, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks. Yield: about 7 dozen.
Reviews for Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
Sort By :
"These cookies are fantastic!!! I followed the recipe exactly and my cookies came out perfectly! Best Choc. oatmeal cookie recipe i've come across!"
"Excellent cookie ti enjoy with a cup of coffee! My granddaughter wanted to bake cookies today. We did. The only change we had to make was ;not enough of regular choc. chips- Used to different brands as well as size of chip. Baked each batch for only 10 minutes."
"Never know for sure. When it says butter, is it salted or unsalted?"
"Absolutely delicious! I didn't have instant vanilla pudding mix, but I did have chocolate pudding mix. They turned out so well, especially since I'm a chocolate addict!"
"Stop looking! This is the best oatmeal chocolate cookie recipe! Not only did it make a lot of cookies, each cookie looked great- baked for 10min then let them sit on cookie sheet. As a volunteer food editor for Taste of Home, friends and family expect great cookies from my kitchen, these cookies did not disappoint!"