- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup coarsely chopped almonds
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 pound dark or milk chocolate candy coating
- In a 1-1/2-qt. microwave-safe bowl, combine the sugar, corn syrup and salt. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 2-1/2 minutes. Stir in almonds; cook on high for 2-1/2 minutes. Add the butter and vanilla; cook on high for 1 minute.
- Stir in baking soda. As soon as the mixture foams, quickly pour onto a greased metal baking sheet. Cool completely. Break into 2-in. pieces.
- Melt chocolate coating in a microwave. Dip one side of brittle in chocolate and place on waxed paper to harden. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 1 pound.
Reviews for Chocolate Almond Brittle
Sort By :
"I agree with DeDe71. My brittle too was somewhat soft and stuck to our fillings. The cooking times need to be extended as it did not reach soft crack stage which is 280 degrees. Would not make again, wasted alot of ingredients. Would use a candy thermometer recipe."
"Taste good, but my brittle is kind of soft too. When I broke into pieces it seemed hard like brittle should be, but as I eat it, it's chewy and sticks to my teeth."
"My Brittle is not getting hard...any suggestions?"
"Have made this recipe for years. Give it away for Christmas. Any ideas on how to double the recipe?"
"This is best brittle ever. Whats not to like almonds, chocolate plus its easy to put together. A must for Christmas table."