I created this pie in tribute to Elvis, who was my favorite entertainer, and to Hershey, Pennsylvania, the town where I was born. —Penny Hawkins, Mebane, North Carolina
- 1 cup chocolate wafer crumbs (about 20 wafers)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 medium firm bananas
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 cups cold 2% milk
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups whipped topping, divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped salted peanuts
- Peanut butter cups, optional
- In a small bowl, mix wafer crumbs and butter; press onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until set. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Slice bananas; arrange on bottom of crust. In a microwave-safe bowl, combine peanut butter and chocolate; microwave on high for 1 to 1-1/2 minutes or until blended and smooth, stirring every 30 seconds. Spoon over bananas.
- In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Fold in 1 cup whipped topping; spread over chocolate mixture. Pipe remaining whipped topping over edge. Refrigerate, covered, for at least 3 hours.
- Sprinkle with peanuts just before serving. If desired, serve with cut-up peanut butter cups. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Chocolate & Peanut Butter Pudding Pie with Bananas in Taste of Home December/January 2013, p73
Reviews for Chocolate & Peanut Butter Pudding Pie with Bananas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review