Chippy Blond Brownies Recipe
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in the chocolate chips and pecans.
- Spread into a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Chippy Blond Brownies
Sort By :
I'd made these brownies and I used 1/2 brown sugar & 1/2 white sugar instead of just packed brown sugar & added 1 Tbsp. light corn syrup to the creamed mixture. Instead of 1/2 cup pecans, I used 1-1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips. I kept the butter, eggs, vanilla, flour, baking powder, salt the same! I used a 12x8" disposable baking pan & greased and floured the pan! I'd also added 1/8 cup all-purpose flour with the chocolate chips! Thank you, Anna Jean Allen, for sharing this recipe! I've used it and it's a recipe I've turned to from time to time! delowenstein
Yessss we loved brownies, thanks!
VERY VERY VERY GOOD! Tastes like a gaint chocolate chip cookie!
These had a good taste, but once they were cool, they were crispy and crumbly, not chewy. I did use a Pampered Chef bar pan (stone). Not sure if that made a difference. They were yummy when they were warm.