- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1 can (12 ounces) mushroom gravy
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 can (8 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the chicken, gravy, milk, mushrooms, chilies and dressing mix. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until chicken is tender.
- Stir in cream cheese; cover and cook 15 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Chicken with Mushroom Gravy
Sort By :
"We love this recipe! It's a keeper in our home. We used cream of mushroom by mistake and it turned out perfect! Great recipe!"
"This recipe makes a great Sunday dinner! Lots of flavor in the gravy......I did thicken it a bit. Next time will cook on low for 4 to 4 1/2 hrs. as 5 hrs. was too long........chicken was a bit dry."
"I could not find mushroom gravy so I used cream of mushroom soup. It was wonderful. Also, it kept my husband guessing as to the "spiciness" the Italian Dressing gave it. The family loved it. Definitely adding it to my recipe box."
"I would have given it a five, but I did not use brown gravy or "dry " Italian dressing mix. In place of them I used cream of mushroom and cream of chicken soup and lite Italian dressing. I doubled the recipe to have. left overs for the next day. because my granddaughter's fiance is a very picky eater I didn't think he would enjoy it. However, he enjoyed it so much he came for seconds and would have done thirds, but said he didn't want to appear greedy. I felt so proud, because it was a first. To "land41 ", substitute cream of chicken soup for the mushroom gravy and leave the cream cheese out to become room temperature before putting in the pot. Also let it cook an additional 30-45 minutes instead of 15 minutes. My chicken was so moist it was like I infused it. And the gravy was outstanding. This is definitely a keeper in our family."
"Seems to be a strange combination of ingredients, but it turns out really tasty! Easy to make too."