- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 medium pears, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 packages (8.8 ounces each) ready-to-serve long grain and wild rice
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, brown chicken in butter; remove and keep warm. In the same skillet, saute onion until tender. Add pears and brown sugar; cook 3 minutes longer. Stir in vinaigrette and thyme.
- Return chicken to skillet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 4-6 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Meanwhile, cook rice according to package directions. Serve with chicken. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken with Caramelized Pears
"This was ok, nothing special. Everyone ate it, but no one askec for seconds."
"This was one the most easy recipes I've done with chicken. My kids loved it because its a sweet and savory dish all together!"
"Very good! We enjoyed this dish tonight. Easy preparation too."