Tender chicken gets an upscale treatment in this simple entree with sweetened pears. Remember this idea—it also works with pork loin chops and thinly sliced apples. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 medium pears, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 packages (8.8 ounces each) ready-to-serve long grain and wild rice
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, brown chicken in butter; remove and keep warm. In the same skillet, saute onion until tender. Add pears and brown sugar; cook 3 minutes longer. Stir in vinaigrette and thyme.
- Return chicken to skillet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 4-6 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Meanwhile, cook rice according to package directions. Serve with chicken. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chicken with Caramelized Pears in Simple & Delicious December/January 2012, p18
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken with Caramelized Pears
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review